Whether you are only landing at Chan May Port for a few hours before voyaging out to sea again or continuing your travels onwards to Hoi An, Danang or Hue city, our Chan May Port Tour is suitable for you! Please note: Our staff will work closely with you to suit your needs depending on your cruise schedule – please do not hesitate to inform our staff if you need to change the itinerary provided below dependent on your needs! We can happily arrange anything for you!
- 8:00-9:00am: Our driver and experienced guide will collect you from Chan May Port, where you will begin your voyage to the previous capital of Vietnam, Hue City.
- Begin your historic city tour by visiting the Imperial Hue Citadel – which began construction in 1805 during the Nguyen Dynasty. The 2 square kilometer Imperial City is surrounded by 4 walls and a moat and comprises of many components, such as inner and outer courts, temples of worship and the famous Forbidden Purple City.
- Afterward, continue onto the Thien Mu Pagoda (Pagoda of the Celestial Lady) which is the oldest pagoda in Hue, built in 1601. Located just 3 kilometers from the Citadel on Northern bank of the Perfume River, Thien Mu Pagoda is the unofficial symbol of Hue City, this solemn and significant piece of history in Hue is surrounded by ornamental plants and flowers in the breath-taking garden.
- Take a break with a local cuisine lunch at a famous Garden Restaurant in Hue, which has some of the most unique style dishes in Vietnam.
- After your delicious lunch, visit the Tu Duc Tomb, considered the most majestic and unique architecture constructed during the reign of the Nguyen Dynasty. A stunning combination of man-made and natural beauty, the Tu Duc Tomb contains palaces, temples and a royal theater.
- Once completed your Chan May Port Day Tour, return to port one hour before your cruise departs again in the afternoon (most commonly at approximately 4:00pm).
Please note: For our vehicle to enter the harbour, the government requires specific documentation for VISA’s which cost $20USD per person. To avoid paying this fee, we suggest you meet our car outside the port, which is just a 5-10 minute walk. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask our online staff!
- High-quality vehicle
- English speaking tour guide
- Mineral water
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Any additional drinks/food