Chicken Rice in Hoi An is a very typical dish of this ancient city. It holds a special position in the world’s culinary map and in foreign visitors’ minds. Hoi An’s sophisticated gastronomic culture and locally sourced ingredients have given Hoi An Chicken Rice a rich, buttery melt-in-your-mouth sensation that cannot found anywhere else.
(Chicken Rice in Hoi An)
What is the Chicken Rice in Hoi An?
To make Hoi An Chicken Rice, Hoi An people carefully choose rice and chicken of top quality. Only free-range chickens raised in countryside gardens, not the industrial factory-style birds are selected to cook. The chicken meat is boiled with some ginger. Boiled chicken is cut or torn into smaller slices and then mash the pieces with salt, pepper, chili, sliced onions and Vietnamese coriander to the best absorb their flavors.
(Chicken torn into slices)
(Vietnamese mint, chili and spices)
(Mix chicken with all)
The rice was soaking in the water for about 2 to 3 hours. It is cooked with chicken broth, with a dash of fresh turmeric to give it a glossy yellow colour. This dish is served with peppermint, papaya, salted onions and the famous chili sauce.
The chicken rice will be served with rice below of the plate. Chicken will be on top of the rice with the sauce. Then, visitor just need to mix it up and eat.
(Hoi An Chicken Rice)
5 best place for Chicken Rice in Hoi An
- Com Ga Ba Buoi, 22 Phan Chau Trinh Street, Hoi An, Quang Nam, 35.000 VND - 50.000 VND
- Com Ga Ba Nga, 08 Phan Chau Trinh Street, Hoi An, Quang Nam, 45.000 VND - 50.000 VND.
- Xi Restaurant, 47/2 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoi An, Quang Nam, 25.000 VND - 50.000 VND.
- Com Ga Huong, 60 Le Loi Street, Hoi An, Quang Nam, 35.000 VND.
- Com Ga Man, Japanese Covered Bridge, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Hoi An, Quang Namm, 30.000 VND - 45.000 VND.
Let’s try Hoi An Chicken Rice during your stay in Hoi An!
Contact us should you have any questions or need assistance in your travel plans.